The Hot Springs Village Trails Photo Contest is complete and the winners were celebrated at Waypoint Cafe on July 12, 2022. There were five categories.
- Best Overall – Peter Trabart – “Sunset Over Balboa Spillway” – Peter is no novice at winning the Trails Photography Contest, having placed two other times. He placed first four years ago and placed second last year.
- Flowers & Foliage – “Trees, Looking Up” – Penney Espinosa
- Wildlife – “Turtles” – Chris Rabion
- People & Pets – “Two Girls Hugging” – Kristy Schneider
- Kristy said her family has only lived in the Village for a few months. She home-schools her two daughters, 8-year-old Selah, and 6-year-old Liana, who are often featured in her photography. When the children finish their school work, Kristy, and the two girls take their classroom outside, where they are constantly learning about nature. The girls recently enjoyed participating in the Kids Fishing Derby. Kristy said that she would not want to raise the girls anyplace else, now that she knows about the Village.
- Water – “Water With the Bench at Cedar Creek” – Stacy Misenheimer has lived in the Village since ’13.